Super 8 Hitting System Review
Hello, and thank you for visiting my Super 8 Hitting System Review site. If you’re here, then you’re probably trying to figure out if the Super 8 Hitting System, created by Hall of Fame coach Joe Brockhoff is worth the time and money. Well, you’ve come to the right place – welcome to my Super 8 Hitting System Review site.
Who am I anyway and why am I doing a Super 8 Hitting System Review anyway?
My name is Ed, and I’ve been a baseball coach for 17 years, and I’m currently coaching at a local Southern California high school. I’m always looking for ways to improve my players, both as individuals, and as a team, and I’ve been using the Super 8 Hitting System with my players over the last year, so I’ll be giving you an honest Super 8 Hitting System review.
This is a review site: Click Here To Visit Coach Joe Brockhoff’s Official Super 8 Hitting System Website
What is the Super 8 Hitting System?
The Super 8 Hitting System is a complete, and comprehensive, baseball hitting mechanics system. Coach Brockhoff created drills for any fault in a baseball player’s hitting mechanics. In the complete system there are 8 DVDs, but I personally have three that I study over and over, that have transformed the players that I have worked with.
My personal favorite Super 8 Hitting DVDs.
As I mentioned, there are three DVDs that I review frequently, and I always seem to learn something new each time I watch that I missed previously. My top three are:
- The ProStroke Steps DVD
- Super 8 Combos DVD
- The Hitting Agenda DVD
The ProStroke Steps DVD breaks down all the steps in the Super 8 Hitting System from head to toe. Coach Brockhoff explains all the parts of proper hitting mechanics from the feet, legs, hips, shoulders, arms, head and eyes. He gives you the do’s and don’ts for each part of a hitter’s mechanics, and illustrates these points with one of his players.
The Super 8 Combos DVD is the first DVD in the system that gives you several baseball hitting drills that you can use to improve your player’s baseball hitting immediately. Coach Brockhoff teaches drills for the proper batting stance, including when to load, and when to stride. You’ll learn where the hands should be during every point in the swing. You’ll learn hitting drills to eliminate loops and swings in the stroke, and much more. I could go on and on, but I trust that you get the idea. This DVD is packed with lots of hitting drills.
Now for my favorite DVD in the system. The Hitting Agenda! This DVD gives you a specific circuit of drills that you should run your players through on a regular basis. The hitting agenda starts with judgmental drills to train your players to see the ball better, which Brockhoff says is one of the main reasons that hitters say they aren’t hitting baseball. The second set of drills are the contact drills, and they’re designed to get the players into the all important drive position during their approach to the ball, thus improving their plate coverage and hitting power. Lastly, coach Brockhoff goes through several specialty drills that will further improve a player’s mechanics.
What are the negatives of the Super 8 Hitting System?
An honest Super 8 Hitting System Review would not be complete without talking about the negatives. In every training system there are flaws, so here are some of the negatives that I noticed while using coach Brockhoff’s system.
- Just like anything else, the Super 8 Hitting System is not a silver bullet. It won’t instantly transform your players into awesome hitting machines overnight. You will have to run the drills with your son, daughter or team, but it will cut their learning time down dramatically.
- It’s all up to the player whether or not they really do want to improve. The old saying goes, “You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink.” It’s that same with coach Brockhoff’s hitting system. The player has to have the desire to get better, and that is one thing that’s not included in the system. There are players on my team that have used the same stale, unproductive mechanics for years, and they refuse to change… It’s so frustrating.
- Although there are a lot of drills that you don’t need specific tools for, you might want some of the tools that coach Brockhoff demonstrates in his videos. They cost more money, so that’s all up to you; however, you can make the tools yourself, like I did. Below are pictures of my Reader Board, and my Brockbuster Bat that I made myself.
What are the good things about the Super 8 Hitting System?
- Coach Joe Brockhoff’s, Super 8 Hitting System is very easy to follow. Everything is demonstrated by coach Brockhoff’s students, and explained by coach Brockhoff himself.
- There are drills for every flaw you might encounter in a hitter’s batting mechanics. Again, they are all demonstrated for you by his players, and explained.
- The Super 8 drills are not complicated and they start to work almost immediately. Repetition is the mother of skill, and the more your players do the drills, the better they will get. As I mentioned before, the system is not a silver bullet, but it will improve your player faster than anything else that I’ve seen in my 17 years of coaching and learning.
- The GUARANTEE! The guarantee for the Super 8 Hitting System is awesome! I’ll just give you a screenshot from their information page, because it tells you all you need to know.
What’s my overall impression of the Super 8 Hitting System Review?
The Super 8 Hitting System by coach Joe Brockhoff is the most complete hitting instruction that I have ever used. It’s not some little hitting tips program that regurgitates the same hitting drills that have been taught year after year. The drills are fresh, and they produce results.
In addition, coach Joe Brockhoff is someone that speaks, and teaches, with authority. As mentioned in my post where I talk about who coach Joe Brockhoff is, he has a winning record at Tulane university. In fact, here is some of what I said in that post:
While at Tulane University coach Brockhoff compiled an impressive winning record of 641-358-2. In addition to this awesome record, his teams scored more than 7,000 runs, got more than 9,000 hits, and crushed 900 home runs. Not only that, 45 of his players continued on to play professional baseball. Because of these accomplishments, coach Joe Brockhoff was also inducted into the Tulane Athletic Hall of fame.
Coach Joe Brockoff’s record is impressive!
So, if you’re struggling at all with your baseball hitting, or you’re trying to improve your son, daughter, or baseball team, then you’ve found the solution to your problem.
I’ve been using the Super 8 Hitting System for over a year with my players, and it’s the best hitting instruction that I have ever seen. If you’re serious about hitting, then I would definitely recommend picking it up. You won’t have any regrets.
I hope my Super 8 Hitting System Review site was helpful to you. Please let me know if you have any questions that I can answer for you. I wish you and your teams (unless we’re opponents ), the best.
Coach Ed – Super 8 Hitting System Review